Senior Software Engineer - Ruby on Rails (m/f/d) Munich, Berlin or Hamburg
We are looking for you as an addition to our tech-team in Berlin, Munich or Hamburg. 1KOMMA5° is building Germany's largest one-stop-shop for sale, installation and services related to solar, heat pumps, electricity and charging infrastructure. And they are all connected! Be a part of our mission!
You will work on transforming the business of installing renewable technologies. With our core business software platform we streamline ground operations and rooftop installation to power the energy transition in private homes and small businesses world-wide.
As a software engineer in 1KOMMA5°, you will be one of the first members of a cross-functional team alongside frontend and backend engineers, product managers and UX/UI developers. You will help build a self-organized tech team, responsible for developing, deploying and running their own solutions to contribute to those work streams.
- Ruby on Rails 7 and Postgres for several API-only applications, RSpec for testing
- for frontend applications, Flutter for mobile applications
- Infrastructure as code, deployment to Google Cloud, observability with Datadog
Google Cloud Tasks and Delayed Job for background jobs
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Contribute your skill and experience to a team of self-driven software engineers
- Extending and maintaining business critical backend applications
- Help shaping actionable requirements from complex and undefined business problems
- Foster a culture of experiment-driven innovation
Improve developer experience by constantly avoiding/reducing tech-debt, automating as much as possible and documenting decisions, runbooks etc.
- proven experience in writing maintainable, self-describing, reusable and testable code with Rails and other major back-end or full-stack technologies in several past projects
- experience designing and maintaining RESTful APIs
- experience with measuring and improving performance
- an agile and result-oriented mindset and a passion to support your team colleagues
- interest or experience in human-centered software development
- excellent knowledge of spoken and written English, German is a plus
- residency in Germany
- We are an ambitious and dynamic company with a talented team. We require our engineers to be imaginative, enthusiastic, and willing to tackle new challenges as we strive to make an impact.
- Being part of a global change movement and seeing the impact of your work, daily
- Working remote first, with the option to travel in consultation with the CTO
- Individualized opportunities for professional development
- Working in a diverse team with hard workers and real team players