Technical Product Manager - Platform Engineering (m/f/d) Munich, Berlin or Hamburg
We are looking for you as an addition to our tech-team in Berlin, Munich or Hamburg. 1KOMMA5° is building Germany's largest one-stop-shop for sale, installation and services related to solar, heat pumps, electricity and charging infrastructure. And they are all connected! Be a part of our mission!
In tech we have two main work streams:
- Heartbeat: Building a virtual power plant levering our energy manager “Heartbeat” and evolving the customer experience app around this
- Operating System for installation companies: Digitisation of operations and processes from ground operations to rooftop installations
We are seeking a highly motivated and dynamic Technical Product Manager to join our cross-functional Platform Engineering team and be part in our mission to empower those work streams.. You will play a pivotal part in driving the product strategy, development, and management of our internal developer platform, which provides cloud infrastructure and data solutions to enable Data Scientists and Software Engineers.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Gather and prioritize requirements from various stakeholders, including Software Engineers and Data Scientists from international hubs to ensure an excellent user experience of the platform.
- Work closely with engineering teams to understand their workflow, routines, and pain points, translate them into high-level objectives and actionable product plans and roadmaps.
- Drive the development of opinionated infrastructure, automation tools, and self-service capabilities.
- Collaborate with MLOps and Data Engineers to streamline the process of bringing machine learning models into production.
- Regularly communicate progress, updates, and product insights to stakeholders across the organization.
- Define, monitor, and analyze key performance metrics to measure the success and impact of our work on software delivery efficiency and overall business outcomes.
- 2+ years of work experience as a Technical Product Manager, or a similar role in a technology-driven environment.
- Strong understanding of DevOps, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), data pipelines, and machine learning processes.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain complex technical topics to people with no technical background
- Passion for good developer experience
- Ability to manage a product backlog and prioritize new features with multiple Stakeholders.
- Experience quickly finding your way around in cross-functional teams in a fast pace, interdisciplinary working environment
- An agile and result-oriented mindset and you consider yourself a team player
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written English, German is a plus
Bonus points for:
- Previous experience with building developer and data platforms
- Proficiency in coding, with the ability to understand and contribute to technical discussions.
- Experience and interest in climate tech industry
We are an ambitious and dynamic company with a talented team. We require our product managers to be imaginative, enthusiastic, and willing to tackle new challenges as we strive to provide everyone with renewable energy technologies.
- The opportunity to travel, work mobile and individually
- Individualized opportunities for professional development
- Being part of a global change movement
- Working in a diverse team with hard workers and real team players
- Seeing the impact of your work, daily