VP of Partnerships & Business Development
Cities are complex living systems, continually evolving and expanding, adapting and advancing. Centres of culture and commerce, communication and connection. Hubs of government, healthcare, transportation and education. They are beacons for those that want to start a new life, make a mark or find their place in the world - And we are undergoing the largest wave of urban growth in history. Our cities continue to have a profound and lasting effect on both our economic fortunes and our environmental future. So, at 2150, we've set out to make a serious impact. Where our passions lie, the problem is huge, and innovation is urgently required.
We are 2150, a global Urban Tech Sustainability Fund. We've been building for our entire careers: products and teams, neighbourhoods and cities, capital and companies as entrepreneurs, operators and investors. Now we're applying what we’ve learnt, the network we’ve developed and the principles we believe in to build a new approach to venture. We call it ‘Constructive Capital.’ Constructive because of the field we operate in. The mindset, skillset and toolset we deploy, and the impact we're seeking to have on the world. It defines who we hire, who we back, who we partner with and how we work. It aligns our ecosystem, informs our analysis, governs our interactions and guides our deals.
We back tech entrepreneurs with Constructive Capital so they can reimagine and reshape the urban environment. By building companies that leverage structural shifts, remove inefficiencies, remove pain points and enhance environmental upside. And have the potential to benefit billions of people, create billions in value and lower gigatons of emissions.
2150 is building out its team and is looking for a VP of Partnerships and Business Development and part of the 2150 leadership team to join our London or Copenhagen office and assist in building out our investor engagement platform:
- Lead and build out the platform team to make 2150 the centre of the ecosystem in the urban environment focused on sustainable and resilient technologies.
- Lead platform team to ensure solid engagement with key investors to drive new technology adoption and sharing of industry knowledge.
- Ensure the team delivers structured strategy workshops and collaboration with key stakeholders, including building on content from the research and investment teams.
- Contribute actively on weekly IC meetings to DD of deals by gathering feedback from strategic LPs to pre-qualify potential investments & technologies
- Learning the 2150 investment thesis and strategy inside-out and being able to act as public speaker for 2150 to different audiences and stakeholders.
- Actively engage and drive the strategic development of 2150 as a member of the leadership team.
- Strong leadership and execution skills combined with project management experience with a genuine interest in and/or
experience from tech startups, venture capital, or management consulting.
- Share our passion for technology and entrepreneurship as a driver of positive impact
on our society and ecology.
- Min. 7-10 years in a client facing role within strategy/management consulting or investor role. Technical or scientific academic background is a plus.
- Broad understanding of different technologies and businesses with an incredible eye for detail and outstanding analytical skills - ideally with urban sector background.
- Having lived and worked in multiple countries and experienced different types of organisations to add to our diversity.
What we expect:
- You’ve done this before and have built platforms before. Ideally you have experience collaborating with large organisations ideally in the technology, sustainability, and urban environment.
- You like connecting people and solving problems collaboratively with an analytical results-focused mindset. Ask hard questions and challenge assumptions to ensure that we’re solving the right problems and delivering the highest value to our stakeholders.
- Thought leadership. You have experience in presenting in front of large audiences leaving a clear, compelling and impactful impression.
- Resilience and flexibility. You have the versatility to work with the team on a number of core problems and don’t mind taking on any task at a high pace.
- Curiosity. You are a curious person eager to learn, constantly developing and with capacity to unlearn/learn.
- You care and are mission-driven. You are committed to creating more equitable and inclusive outcomes both in the workplace and in the work you do while being a team player.
Commitment to Diversity:
A sustainable community is one that has a place for everyone, and 2150 is excited to have applications from all aspects of society. We believe that a team with diverse backgrounds and beliefs will make our fund even stronger.