Head of Policy
Cities are complex living systems, continually evolving and expanding, adapting and advancing. Centres of culture and commerce, communication and connection. Hubs of government, healthcare, transportation and education. They are beacons for those that want to start a new life, make a mark or find their place in the world - And we are undergoing the largest wave of urban growth in history. Our cities continue to have a profound and lasting effect on both our economic fortunes and our environmental future. So, at 2150, we've set out to make a serious impact. Where our passions lie, the problem is huge, and innovation is urgently required.
We are 2150, a global Urban Tech Sustainability Fund. We've been building for our entire careers: products and teams, neighbourhoods and cities, capital and companies as entrepreneurs, operators and investors. Now we're applying what we’ve learnt, the network we’ve developed and the principles we believe in to build a new approach to venture. We call it ‘Constructive Capital.’ Constructive because of the field we operate in. The mindset, skillset and toolset we deploy, and the impact we're seeking to have on the world. It defines who we hire, who we back, who we partner with and how we work. It aligns our ecosystem, informs our analysis, governs our interactions and guides our deals.
We back tech entrepreneurs with Constructive Capital so they can reimagine and reshape the urban environment. By building companies that leverage structural shifts, remove inefficiencies, remove pain points and enhance environmental upside. And have the potential to benefit billions of people, create billions in value and lower gigatons of emissions.
2150 is building out its team and is looking for a Head of Policy to join our Copenhagen or London office:
- Lead the definition and execution of 2150’s policy strategy working with the partners and wider leadership team.
- Lead the development of a policy manifesto for 2150 that sets out a vision for how the regulatory environment must evolve and transform the policies that shape the urban landscape.
- Lead and build out a policy analysis function working closely with the research and sustainability teams to support industry-specific deep dives as well as deal-specific DD.
- Contribute actively on weekly IC meetings to DD of deals by gathering relevant policy analysis to pre-qualify potential investments & technologies.
- Actively work with the partner team to identify opportunities to support portfolio companies with a policy strategy that enables their growth ambitions by defining, shaping and growing the market they sell into from a policy and regulatory perspective and by ensuring their technology/product is enabled to be marketed successfully.
- Develop and nurture a network of policy resources that 2150 and its portfolio companies can tap into.
- Lead 2150s policy engagement strategy with selected organisations, associations and events and represent 2150 externally within the global policy community.
- Engage with relevant members of the Advisory Board and the partners in a regular and structured dialogue about policy developments that serves to amplify the policy work of 2150.
- Learn the 2150 investment thesis and strategy inside-out and be able to act as public speaker for 2150 to different audiences and stakeholders.
- Strong leadership and policy skills obtained in public and/or private sector roles combined with a genuine interest in and/or experience from tech startups, venture capital, or policy advisory roles.
- Share our passion for technology and entrepreneurship as a driver of positive impact on our society and ecology.
- Min. 7-10 years of meaningful leadership experience in a policy-focussed role.
- Broad understanding of the Climate/CleanTech-relevant policy environment with an incredible eye for detail and outstanding analytical skills - ideally with urban sector background.
- Having lived and worked in multiple countries and experienced different types of organisations to add to our diversity.
What we expect:
- You have experience building policy strategies to enable startups to enter new markets and grow in existing markets, ideally within the technology, sustainability and urban sector.
- You like connecting and influencing people and systems to set new standards and change past ways of working, but you do it in a respectful and analytical results-focused way.
- Ask hard questions and challenge assumptions to ensure that we’re solving the right problems and delivering the highest value to our stakeholders.
- Thought leadership. You have experience in presenting in front of large audiences or senior stakeholders leaving a clear, compelling and impactful impression.
- Resilience and flexibility. You have the versatility to work with the team on a number of core problems and don’t mind taking on any task at a high pace.
- Curiosity. You are a curious person eager to learn, constantly developing and with capacity to unlearn/learn.
- You care and are mission-driven. You are committed to creating more equitable and inclusive outcomes both in the workplace and in the work you do while being a team player.
Commitment to Diversity: A sustainable community is one that has a place for everyone, and 2150 is excited to have applications from all aspects of society. We believe that a team with diverse backgrounds and beliefs will make our fund even stronger.