2150 Internship Program- Intake Q3 '22
Internship Program, 2150.vc
Next intake of interns is Q3 '22
Cities are complex living systems, continually evolving and expanding, adapting and advancing. Centres of culture and commerce, communication and connection. Hubs of government, healthcare, transportation and education. They are beacons for those that want to start a new life, make a mark or find their place in the world - And we are undergoing the largest wave of urban growth in history. Our cities continue to have a profound and lasting effect on both our economic fortunes and our environmental future. So, at 2150, we've set out to make a serious impact. Where our passions lie, the problem is huge, and innovation is urgently required.
We are 2150, a global Urban Tech Sustainability Fund. We've been building for our entire careers: products and teams, neighbourhoods and cities, capital and companies as entrepreneurs, operators and investors. Now we're applying what we’ve learnt, the network we’ve developed and the principles we believe in to build a new approach to venture. We back tech entrepreneurs with Constructive Capital so they can reimagine and reshape the urban environment. By building companies that leverage structural shifts, remove inefficiencies, remove pain points and enhance environmental upside. And have the potential to benefit billions of people, create billions in value and lower gigatons of emissions.
2150 invests in climate tech start-ups all over Europe and globally. We are looking for a growth-minded intern to join us for a six month term. As an intern, you will get to see the inside of a climate venture fund and help out in many different places. We are happy to shape the role partly from your qualifications, including research and writing, programming, finance, or marketing and branding.
As an intern you will help 2150 on multiple topics:
- Research on key sustainability topics, and translating this into memos and slide decks
- Meet with entrepreneurs to discuss their companies, and assist the deal teams throughout the due diligence process
- Debate on final investment decisions with the whole investment team
- Supporting the 2150 sustainability framework through analysis and reporting
- Help-out on various internal topics (i.e. events, blog posts, research,…).
What we expect:
- English speaker. You are well versed in communicating and writing in English
- Structure. You can manage yourself, take initiative and work on multiple projects at once
- Problem solver. You like solving problems collaboratively and with an analytical mindset
- Flexibility. You have the versatility to work with the team on a number of core problems and don’t mind taking on any task at a high pace
- Curiosity. You are a curious person eager to learn and constantly develop
- You care. You are committed to creating more equitable and inclusive outcomes both in the workplace and in the work you do while being a team player
Commitment to Diversity: A sustainable community is one that has a place for everyone, and 2150 is excited to have applications from all aspects of society. We believe that a team with diverse backgrounds and beliefs will make our fund even stronger.