2150 Research Associate
Cities are complex living systems, continually evolving and expanding, adapting and advancing. Centres of culture and commerce, communication and connection. Hubs of government, healthcare, transportation and education. They are beacons for those that want to start a new life, make a mark or find their place in the world - And we are undergoing the largest wave of urban growth in history. Our cities continue to have a profound and lasting effect on both our economic fortunes and our environmental future. So, at 2150, we've set out to make a serious impact. Where our passions lie, the problem is huge, and innovation is urgently required.
We are 2150, a global Urban Tech Sustainability Fund. We've been building for our entire careers: products and teams, neighbourhoods and cities, capital and companies as entrepreneurs, operators and investors. Now we're applying what we’ve learnt, the network we’ve developed and the principles we believe in to build a new approach to venture. We call it ‘Constructive Capital.’ Constructive because of the field we operate in. The mindset, skillset and toolset we deploy, and the impact we're seeking to have on the world. It defines who we hire, who we back, who we partner with and how we work. It aligns our ecosystem, informs our analysis, governs our interactions and guides our deals.
We back tech entrepreneurs with Constructive Capital so they can reimagine and reshape the urban environment. By building companies that leverage structural shifts, remove inefficiencies, remove pain points and enhance environmental upside. And have the potential to benefit billions of people, create billions in value and lower gigatons of emissions.
2150 is building out its team and is looking for someone to join our Copenhagen or London office to build our industry knowledge base and support a thesis driven approach to sustainability.
- Leading the expansion of our industry knowledge base by developing in depth research and executive memos,
- Present findings through thought leadership and presentations on key industry topics for use with our ecosystem and key decision makers.
- Supporting investment due diligence through research and analysis.
- Conducting research and interviewing scientists, policy makers and entrepreneurs across various fields
- Strong execution and research profile with a genuine interest in sustainability, tech startups, and/or the urban environment.
- Share our passion for technology and entrepreneurship as a driver of positive impact on our society, ecology and the mission towards net zero.
- 3+ years in a role with a focus on thorough research and fast but rigorous execution.
- Technical or scientific academic background is a plus.
- Assessing businesses with an incredible eye for detail and outstanding analytical skills.
- Having lived and worked in multiple countries and experienced different types of organizations would be ideal.
What we expect:
- You’ve done this before. You love research and writing, ideally in the technology, sustainability or engineering space .
- You like solving problems collaboratively and with an analytical mindset. Ask hard questions and challenge assumptions to ensure that we’re solving the right problems and delivering the highest value to our stakeholders.
- Structured and articulate in your approach, you are able to consume data from various sources and clearly communicate that information to others.
- Flexibility: You have the versatility to work with the team on a number of core problems and don’t mind taking on any task at a high pace.
- Curiosity: You are an intellectually curious person eager to learn and constantly develop.
- You care: You are committed to creating more equitable and inclusive outcomes both in the workplace and in the work you do while being a team player.
Commitment to Diversity: A sustainable community is one that has a place for everyone, and 2150 is excited to have applications from all aspects of society. We believe that a team with diverse backgrounds and beliefs will make our fund even stronger.