Senior System Engineer(Electrical)
Posted on Monday, June 12, 2023
About Ampd Energy
Over the next 40 years, the world will add 230 billion square metres of new buildings–equivalent to building a new Paris every week. The energy which powers much of this comes from burning fossil fuels, generating substantial amounts of pollution and noise in the process. At Ampd Energy, we believe in making a zero-emission, silent future for construction–and beyond–a reality.
Founded in 2014, Ampd Energy develops advanced, electrified and connected equipment that has redefined how construction projects get powered up. We are growing, both in geographic footprint and in the verticals we serve. Ampd Energy is a mission and values driven company with a diverse, rockstar team and visionary customers who all want to make a difference.
Ampd Energy is growing and seeking an electrical system engineer to join its system engineering team. Ampd’s Enertainer provides a new way for the construction industry to power its growth vastly reducing emissions and providing a high level of data transparency. You will be responsible for supporting our system engineering team. You will be working closely with our R&D, Field Engineering, Quality Assurance and Supply Chain teams building and maintaining system design, testing plans and procedures, and ongoing verification.
Ampd Energy is a value driven company, and we are looking for candidates who can align with our core values: Selfless, Never Satisfied, Passionate, Resourceful And Bold
What you need:
- Higher diploma or bachelor’s degree preferably in Electrical/Electronic/Computer Engineering or related fields
- Atleast 8 years of design and testing experience, in electronics product & electrical equipment and ideally with large scale battery systems. Job title could be revised based on actual experience of the candidate
- Experience in electrical and electronic system design and development with basic understanding in firmware and mechanical
- Experience in LV system and components such as MCCB/ELCB, contactor, transformer, AC/DC inverter etc.
- Experience in 220VAC/380VAC high power system and power electronics design
- Experience in developing and implementing test plans and data analysis
- Experience in troubleshooting and problem fixing in electrical/electronic products
- Experience in using power analysers, oscilloscopes, multi-meters, megger tester etc.
- Knowledge in electrical concept such as earthing system, leakage current etc.
- Proficient in MS office and great documentation/report writing skills.
- Self-motivated, detailed oriented, organized, work independently
What you will do:
- Act as technical architect to lead system engineering activities includes design, sourcing, testing and development
- Liaise with FW/SW/ME/Manufacturing team, suppliers, and factories to improve overall system design, quality, and cost reduction objectives
- Develop test plans and programs for complete system verification
- Setup and carry out full system testing in product testing centre
- Review/write test reports and analyse test data regularly
- Provide support to system/technical failure in the production/field and troubleshooting
- Participate in new product development to ensure all technical issues are addressed throughout the development process
Multicultural working environment
Full medical, dental and travel insurance coverage
Uber travel policy (for business travel & travel during out-of-regular-hours)
All information provided will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes. We regret that we are only able to notify short-listed candidates.
Ampd Energy is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be assessed on merit without regard to age, race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, marital status, political affiliation or any other factor protected by law.