Posted on Thursday, June 15, 2023
About Ampd Energy
Over the next 40 years, the world will add 230 billion square metres of new buildings–equivalent to building a new Paris every week. The energy which powers much of this comes from burning fossil fuels, generating substantial amounts of pollution and noise in the process. At Ampd Energy, we believe in making a zero-emission, silent future for construction–and beyond–a reality.
Founded in 2014, Ampd Energy develops advanced, electrified and connected equipment that has redefined how construction projects get powered up. We are growing, both in geographic footprint and in the verticals we serve. Ampd Energy is a mission and values driven company with a diverse, rockstar team and visionary customers who all want to make a difference.
Ampd Energy is seeking a Manufacturing Manager to oversee the company’s manufacturing and supply chain operations. You will be expected to have a thorough understanding of the company’s operational flow and its products, and act as a bridge between our engineering team and the company’s upstream vendors. We are looking for highly motivated, all-rounder individual who are passionate about manufacturing and who have a specific interest to join a rapidly growing startup company.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related disciplines.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in supply chain management in the manufacturing & engineering industry
- Excellent linguistic proficiency in spoken English, Mandarin and written proficiency in English and Chinese
- Knowledge of Hong Kong, PRC & overseas import/export procedure and custom declaration regulations
- Demonstrable proficiency in supply chain management tools (such as PDM/PLM/ERP systems), Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Frequent travel to Mainland China is expected
What you will do:
- Assist the company’s CTO with vendor identification and qualification; procurement; issuing POs; and negotiating ad-hoc and regular supply terms (costs, logistics, warranty etc.).
- Monitor progress of production runs; identify and resolve supply chain bottlenecks; and track and manage the company’s inventory of raw materials, orders in progress and finished goods.
- Lead, execute and manage cost-down programs.
- Work with the Business Development team to understand sales demand, upcoming product launches in order to develop and prepare production plans; regularly communicate plans with the company’s vendors.
- Develop, implement and manage plans, processes and systems in order to improve the quality of the company’s products.
Multicultural working environment
Full medical, dental and travel insurance coverage
Uber travel policy (for business travel & travel during out-of-regular-hours)
All information provided will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes. We regret that we are only able to notify short-listed candidates.
Ampd Energy is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be assessed on merit without regard to age, race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, marital status, political affiliation or any other factor protected by law.