Director of Quality
Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2023
About Ampd Energy
Over the next 40 years, the world will add 230 billion square metres of new buildings–equivalent to building a new Paris every week. The energy which powers much of this comes from burning fossil fuels, generating substantial amounts of pollution and noise in the process. At Ampd Energy, we believe in making a zero-emission, silent future for construction–and beyond–a reality.
Founded in 2014, Ampd Energy develops advanced, electrified and connected equipment that has redefined how construction projects get powered up. We are growing, both in geographic footprint and in the verticals we serve. Ampd Energy is a mission and values driven company with a diverse, rockstar team and visionary customers who all want to make a difference.
About the position:
Ampd Energy is seeking an experienced and proactive Director of Quality to lead our quality assurance and control efforts. The Director of Quality will play a crucial role in ensuring that our products meet the highest quality standards, are reliable, and exceed customer expectations. This position will be responsible for developing and implementing quality strategies, processes, and systems to drive constant improvement and excellence across the organization.
You should be motivated, reliable, thorough, and excited about being among the first in the world to work with game-changing products. You will be expected to be able to operate with a high degree of autonomy, and be a clear, candid, and effective communicator.
Ampd Energy is a values driven company, and we are looking for candidates who can with our core values: Selfless, Never Satisfied, Passionate, Resourceful and Bold.
What you will do:
- Quality Strategy: Develop and execute a comprehensive quality strategy that aligns with Ampd Energy's mission and goals.
- Quality System: Establish and maintain a robust quality management system, to ensure consistency and traceability in all aspects of our operations.
- Quality Assurance: Implement quality assurance protocols and procedures to monitor and continuously improve product quality and reliability.
- Supplier Quality Management: Collaborate with suppliers to establish and maintain high-quality standards for components and materials.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Work closely with cross-functional teams, including engineering, manufacturing, and R&D, to integrate quality into Ampd’s processes, especially the product development process.
- Data Analysis: Utilize data-driven insights to identify areas for improvement and drive continuous quality improvement initiatives.
- Talent Development: Build and lead a high-performing quality team, providing coaching and mentoring to develop talent.
- Quality Expert: Mentor Ampd team members and key suppliers about quality management working at different levels. Be comfortable teaching and overseeing implementation of quality control techniques (eg SPC, GR&R) and using the 7 Quality Tools.
What you need:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field.
- Extensive experience in quality management, preferably in the energy storage or clean energy industry.
- Proven track record of successfully implementing quality management systems and driving continuous improvement.
- Strong knowledge of ISO 9001 and other relevant quality standards.
- Six Sigma Green Belt is a plus.
- Exceptional leadership and team management skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills.
- Passion for sustainability and a commitment to Ampd Energy's mission.
Multicultural working environment
Full medical, dental and travel insurance coverage
Uber travel policy (for business travel & travel during out-of-regular-hours)
All information provided will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes. We regret that we are only able to notify short-listed candidates.
Ampd Energy is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be assessed on merit without regard to age, race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, marital status, political affiliation or any other factor protected by law.