Posted on Friday, December 8, 2023
About Ampd Energy
Over the next 40 years, the world will add 230 billion square metres of new buildings–equivalent to building a new Paris every week. The energy which powers much of this comes from burning fossil fuels, generating substantial amounts of pollution and noise in the process. At Ampd Energy, we believe in making a zero-emission, silent future for construction–and beyond–a reality.
Founded in 2014, Ampd Energy develops advanced, electrified and connected equipment that has redefined how construction projects get powered up. We are growing, both in geographic footprint and in the verticals we serve. Ampd Energy is a mission and values driven company with a diverse, rockstar team and visionary customers who all want to make a difference.
About the Position
Ampd Energy is growing and seeking an Industrial Designer to join its Mechanical Engineering team. Ampd’s Enertainer provides a new way for the construction industry to power its growth vastly reducing emissions and providing a high level of data transparency. You will be involved in all stages of product development, particularly in product ideation, conceptualization and innovating on field/customer requirements to produce visually appealing and functional products.
You will work closely with the team responsible for designing, prototyping and manufacturing all the mechanical engineering aspects for the Ampd Enertainer, including internal teams and external and third-party ODM/OEM suppliers. The scope of the work will be broad and varied, covering sketching of concepts, initial CAD mockups, Prototyping, Product Renderings, working with CAD/CAE engineers for initial validation of design and working with the company’s supply chain to manufacture samples and components.
Ampd Energy is a values driven company, and we are looking for candidates who are aligned with our core values: Selfless, Never Satisfied, Passionate, Resourceful And Bold.
What you need:
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering, Product Design, Industrial Design or a related field;
- At least 4 years of relevant experience;
- Able to develop components on parametric 3D design packages such as Onshape/Solidworks or similar;
- Able to visualise concepts through the use of rendering software such as Keyshot or similar;
- Strong understanding of manufacturing processes and materials;Excellent visual and spatial awareness;
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Strong communication and collaboration abilities;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, iterative design environment;
- Working proficiency in English; Mandarin/Cantonese is a plus.
What you will do:
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to understand design requirements;
- Developing product design concepts and prototypes based on Ampd’s Customers needs;
- Conducting research on materials, manufacturing processes, and market trends;
- Creating detailed design specifications and documentation;
- Ensuring that the product meets aesthetic, ergonomic, and user experience requirements;
- Utilising CAD software to create and refine product designs;
- Working closely with manufacturing and engineering teams to ensure design feasibility;
- Conducting product testing and validation to ensure quality and performance;
- Iterating on designs based on feedback and testing results;
- Keeping abreast of industry trends and best practices in product design
Multicultural working environment
Full medical, dental and travel insurance coverage
Uber travel policy (for business travel & travel during out-of-regular-hours)
All information provided will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes. We regret that we are only able to notify short-listed candidates.
Ampd Energy is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be assessed on merit without regard to age, race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, marital status, political affiliation or any other factor protected by law.