Business Development Specialist
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Monday, December 18, 2023
About Ampd Energy
Over the next 40 years, the world will add 230 billion square metres of new buildings–equivalent to building a new Paris every week. The energy which powers much of this comes from burning fossil fuels, generating substantial amounts of pollution and noise in the process. At Ampd Energy, we believe in making a zero-emission, silent future for construction–and beyond–a reality.
Founded in 2014, Ampd Energy develops advanced, electrified and connected equipment that has redefined how construction projects get powered up. We are growing, both in geographic footprint and in the verticals we serve. Ampd Energy is a mission and values driven company with a diverse, rockstar team and visionary customers who all want to make a difference.
Summary of the Position
Ampd Energy is growing and seeking a Business Development Specialist to join its Singapore Business Development team. Ampd’s Entertainer provides a new way for the construction industry to power its growth vastly reducing emissions and providing a high level of data transparency. You will be responsible for supporting our Singapore Business Development team to achieve and exceed the sales target, developing long-term relationships with clients, and managing and updating sales pipeline reports at the CRM system. You won’t get bored!
You should be motivated, reliable, thorough, and excited about being among the first in the world to work with game-changing products. You will be expected to be able to operate with a degree of autonomy and be a clear, candid, and effective communicator in both spoken and written English. Come join our mission-driven team.
Ampd Energy is a values-driven company, and we are looking for candidates who are aligned with our core values: Selfless, Never Satisfied, Passionate, Resourceful, And Bold.
What you need
- Bachelor’s degree in business/engineering or related disciplines
- Minimum 3 years of sales or business development experience, preferably with experience in construction/engineering/building service industry (candidate with more experience will be considered as Senior Business Development Specialist)
- Strong interest in the green energy industry
- Good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Good consultative selling skills, with strong capability to pick up technical concepts quickly and be able to explain them simply to customers
- Good command in written and spoken English and Chinese
- Good command in PC skills e.g. MS Office, Google Workspace, capable of using and maintaining CRM systems and other digital tools
- Customer focus, good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Hardworking, self-motivated and aggressive; Keen to learn and willing to accept new challenge attitude is a MUST
What you will do
- Develop long-term relationships with clients, by actively reaching out to customers for solution presentations, collecting market information, and interpreting clients’ requirements, to provide the best solution satisfying their needs in terms of technical and commercial aspects.
- Work with the team head to execute sales strategies and action plans for achieving and even exceeding sales targets.
- Manage and nurture the sales pipelines, and actively keep track of the entire sales cycle from leads generation to deals closing; Regularly update pipeline status and follow-up actions at CRM system.
- Support sales operations activities, including pre-delivery site visits, coordinating authorities submissions, and ensuring products are ready for delivery based on committed timelines.
- Perform routine sales activities, including pre-sales consultation, preparation of client quotations, working closely with Application Team on technical proposals, negotiation on tender and contract terms and conditions, and coordination with clients on payment schedules.
- Prepare ad hoc internal reports as required to support the sales team.
Multicultural working environment
Full medical, dental and travel insurance coverage
Uber travel policy (for business travel & travel during out-of-regular-hours)
All information provided will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes. We regret that we are only able to notify short-listed candidates.
Ampd Energy is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be assessed on merit without regard to age, race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, marital status, political affiliation or any other factor protected by law.