OpenSolar was founded in 2017 by global pioneers in solar software - Andrew Birch and Adam Pryor. OpenSolar exists to accelerate the adoption of solar and renewable energy globally. We provide the world's clean energy professionals with an end-to-end digital design, sales and management software to grow their businesses, free of charge.
OpenSolar is a truly global organisation with our team spread across 9 countries and our user base spread over 130+ countries. Find out more about our world class crew here: https://www.opensolar.com/about
This is your opportunity to be part of the clean energy movement, creating a lasting impact on the world. All while being part of a passionate, fun, and highly collaborative team.
The Python/Django Developer role is a full-time permanent position located in the Philippines and is a remote working role.
You will have the opportunity to be part of a global high-performing dynamic software team, doing what you do best. The role is focused on designing and building OpenSolar platform integrations with 3rd party systems
Your key responsibilities:
- Software and API development.
- Working with internal stakeholders and external partners / customers to scope and then deliver enhanced functionality through API integration
- Design optimal, scalable, best practice API integrations
- Design new system features and enhancements to improve product usability and productivity.
- Ensure all system development is within design and architecture guidelines.
- Testing, deployment and release management of system updates.
- Ensure system development supports all platforms: desktop browser, iOS App, Android App, Mobile App; Tablet.
- Diagnosing issues in the development life cycle
- Schedule estimates for technical design and development
- Define the end-to-end technical solution
- Demonstrate best practices in secure software development.
- Effectively work with senior software developers in a team environment.
What you’ll need:
- Solid experience in leveraging API integrations across external and or internal applications
- Core Technology skills required – Strong API and software engineering skills.
- Desirable technology skills: Python, Django, MySQL, SPAs, AWS (Lambda, CloudFormation, RDS).
- 3+ years of relevant experience in the core technology skills
- Experience writing integrations with CRM systems is desirable, e.g. SalesForce, etc.
- Best practice software development skills and practices.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- A passion for problem solving and challenges.
- The desire to positively contribute to shaping organisation culture and be part of a diverse team.
What we bring:
- A passionate, driven, and highly collaborative team. We are mission focused with a wellbeing led culture.
- Constant exposure to new opportunities to learn and grow
- A fast-paced work environment with leading technology solutions
- Flexible leave options so you can shape your life-work priorities.
- An opportunity to be part of the clean energy movement, creating a lasting impact on the world