Software Developer - Integrations Lead Full Stack
OpenSolar was founded in 2017 by global pioneers in solar software - Andrew Birch and Adam Pryor. OpenSolar exists to accelerate the adoption of solar and renewable energy globally. We provide the world's clean energy professionals with an end-to-end digital design, sales and management software to grow their businesses, free of charge.
OpenSolar is driven by its mission to accelerate the adoption of solar for a world powered by sunshine by 2050. We stay focused on our mission by obsessing over the experience of our end users, being open and honest, solving problems through careful and deliberate design, and by keeping things simple.
OpenSolar is a truly global organisation with our team spread across 10 countries and our user base spread over 130+ countries. Find out more about our world class crew here: https://www.opensolar.com/about
At OpenSolar, we are dedicated to cultivating a workplace that celebrates diversity and promotes inclusivity. Our goal is to build a team that is reflective of the communities we serve, recognising that diversity brings strength and richness to our organisation. We believe that everyone should feel empowered to bring their authentic selves to work and we are committed to creating an environment where all employees are valued, respected, and supported. We actively seek to attract and retain a talented workforce that represents the breadth of our society. We provide equal opportunities for everyone to thrive and advance in their careers, enabling them to achieve their full potential.
This is your opportunity to be part of the clean energy movement, creating a lasting impact on the world. All while being part of a passionate, fun, and highly collaborative team.
The Technical integrations lead role is a full-time permanent position located in the United Kingdom
and is a remote working role.
You will have the opportunity to be part of a global high-performing dynamic software team, doing what you do
best. The role is focused on designing and developing OpenSolar platform integrations with 3rd party systems and
partner services, building out exciting new revenue streams and partnerships with vendors, service providers
and retailers within the renewable energy space across Europe.
What you’ll be doing:
- Software and API development.Working with internal stakeholders and external partners / customers to scope and then deliver enhanced functionality through API integrations
- Develop integrations from the frontend to the backend, including great UX design and optimal, scalable, best practice API integrations
- Design new system features and enhancements to improve product usability and productivity.
- Ensure all system development is within design and architecture guidelines.
- Testing, deployment and release management of system updates.
- Ensure system development supports all platforms: desktop browser, iOS App, Android App, Mobile App, Tablet.
- Diagnosing issues in the development life cycle
- Schedule estimates for technical design and development
- Define the end-to-end technical solution
- Demonstrate best practices in secure software development.
- Effectively work with senior software developers in a team environment.
What you’ll need:
- Solid experience in leveraging API integrations across external and / or internal applications.
- A good understanding of consumer finance, B2C payments and integrated e-commerce solutions is preferable.
- Core Technology skills required – Strong API and full stack software engineering skills.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in the core technology skills
- An ability to take the lead of UX/UI design and implementation for various projects.
- Experience writing integrations with third party service providers and vendors.
- Best practice software development skills and practices.
- Excellent communication skills with an Open, Collaborative approach.
- A solid understanding of commercial relationships and a revenue focused mindset.
- A passion for problem solving and challenges.
- The desire to positively contribute to shaping organisation culture and be part of a diverse team.
What we bring:
- A passionate, driven, and highly collaborative team
- We are a mission focused organisation with a well-being led culture.
- A diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment where we celebrate everyone.
- Professional development and support of your individual growth
- Constant exposure to new opportunities to learn and grow
- A fast-paced work environment with leading technology solutions
- Flexible leave options so you can shape your life-work priorities.
- An opportunity to be part of the clean energy movement, creating a lasting impact on the world