Software Engineer - Front End- React
OpenSolar was founded in 2017 by global pioneers in solar software - Andrew Birch and Adam Pryor. OpenSolar exists to accelerate the adoption of solar and renewable energy globally. We provide the world's clean energy professionals with an end-to-end digital design, sales and management software to grow their businesses, free of charge.
OpenSolar is driven by its mission to accelerate the adoption of solar for a world powered by sunshine by 2050. We stay focused on our mission by obsessing over the experience of our end users, being open and honest, solving problems through careful and deliberate design, and by keeping things simple.
OpenSolar is a truly global organisation with our team spread across 9 countries and our user base spread over 130+ countries. Find out more about our world class crew here: https://www.opensolar.com/about
At OpenSolar, we are dedicated to cultivating a workplace that celebrates diversity and promotes inclusivity. Our goal is to build a team that is reflective of the communities we serve, recognising that diversity brings strength and richness to our organisation. We believe that everyone should feel empowered to bring their authentic selves to work and we are committed to creating an environment where all employees are valued, respected, and supported. We actively seek to attract and retain a talented workforce that represents the breadth of our society. We provide equal opportunities for everyone to thrive and advance in their careers, enabling them to achieve their full potential.
This is your opportunity to be part of the clean energy movement, creating a lasting impact on the world. All while being part of a passionate, fun, and highly collaborative team.
You will have the opportunity to be part of a global high-performing dynamic software team, doing what you do best. The role is focused on designing and building the best solutions for our users in over 130 countries, whilst maintaining best practices in software development.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensure all software development is within design and architecture guidelines.
- Testing, deployment and release management of software updates.
- Design new software features and enhancements to improve product usability and productivity.
- Ensure software development supports all platforms: desktop browser, iOS App, Android App, Mobile & Tablet.
- Participate in design and code reviews with the broader software development team.
- Demonstrate best practices in secure software development.
- Effectively work with senior software developers in a team environment.
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years of experience in React
- Other technology skills - REST API Integration + SPAs, Responsive UX, Git, Redux and Webpack.
- Desirable technology skills: React Native, MaterialUI, Three JS, Gulp, AWS and GIS/Spatial.
- A passion for smart, functional and efficient software products
- A keen interest in learning about world-class software development.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- A passion for problem solving and challenges.
- The desire to positively contribute to shaping organisation culture and be part of a diverse team.
What we bring:
- A passionate, driven, and highly collaborative team
- We are a mission focused organisation with a well-being led culture.
- A diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment where we celebrate everyone.
- Professional development and support of your individual growth
- Constant exposure to new opportunities to learn and grow
- A fast-paced work environment with leading technology solutions
- Flexible leave options so you can shape your life-work priorities.
- An opportunity to be part of the clean energy movement, creating a lasting impact on the world